The Dairy Processing Investment Fund is a five year (2017-2021) Canadian government grant providing funding to dairy processors who invest in areas that improve productivity and competitiveness. This includes equipment and infrastructure needed to compete on a global level.
- Amount: Up to 50% of costs to a max of $10M for capital expenditure projects and $250,000 for access to expertise.
- Timeline: Continuous intake of funding applications until March 31, 2021 or until funds have been fully allocated.
- Eligibility: Canadian dairy processors, including cheese makers. Non-profits/co-operatives can apply if involved in the dairy processing sector.
- Project Types: Technology development or adoption to make use of surplus skim milk, or improving a facility’s capacity to use milk/components by 1.6% above market forecast growth.
Top Dairy Processing Investment Fund (DPIF) Resources:
- Dairy Processing Investment Fund Overview: Learn more about the Dairy Processing Investment Fund, including how much funding can be awarded to projects, which projects and dairy processors are eligible, and how to apply.